You will be responsible for:
- Receiving, recording and processing a portfolio of Commercial Claims; Managing predominantly Personal Accident claims while also gaining exposure into other lines of insurance.
- Interpreting policy coverage's and determining if coverage applies to claims submitted escalating issues as needed;
- Setting reserves and authorising payment within scope of authority, settling claims in the most cost effective manner;Continue
- Handling of complaints and investigations of suspicious/fraudulent insurance claims notifying supervisor, arranging investigation and briefing solicitors if further action is to be taken;
- Maintaining current knowledge of insurance guidelines, court decisions impacting claims functions, and policy changes and modifications and recommending changes to Company policies and procedures.
- 1 - 2 years Commercial Claims experience across all lines, exposure to Personal Accident would be highly regarded but not essential;
- Strong organisational and communication skills;
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and be well-presented;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision