As an Injury Management Subject Matter Expert, you will NOT be allocated a portfolio. Rather, you will;
- Advise & support the Claims Team with Injury Management advice
- Recognise skill gaps & deliver coaching and training
- Take part in regular case conferencing with internal stakeholders
- Provide advice & strategies to internal stakeholders/business partners
- Assist with early intervention initiatives
- Manage external treatment and Rehabilitation Providers
- Be imaginative: Continuously think of more efficient ways to do things
Working for a well established national brand who self-insure against workplace injuries, you can expect;
Stability: If you're coming from the forever changing environment of a scheme agent, you can expect complete stability in Self Insurance. They are not bound by the same obligations that are applicable in a scheme agent. Additionally, as they're a larger organisation, you can expect complete job security and ongoing career opportunities. If you're coming from a Rehabilitation Provider, you can expect no travel requirements and no billable hour target.
Support/Professional Development: You would be working very closely with highly reputable industry experts, as well as be an expert yourself. The organisation values professional development and they will set you up for long term success with ongoing internal opportunities, depending on what your career vision is. You will also get exposure to holistic case management, as well as several state legislations. You will also have scope to get involved in projects and really take ownership of your work.
Work/Life Balance: You can expect a steady workflow without huge periodic influxes in claims. They also promote flexibility and allow for flexible work arrangements.
Culture: They're an organisation with a welcoming family-like feel that promote togetherness and a collaborative work environment. The manager is super experienced, fair and very approachable. They also have one of the best staff retention rates in the industry!
- Tertiary qualified in an Allied Health discipline, preferably of a physical nature: Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or Exercise Physiology.
- Proven experience in the Workers Compensation industry: Ideally in Self Insurance or a Scheme Agent.
- Prior Occupational Rehabilitation experience. If you're currently working as a Rehabilitation Consultant, you will also be considered
For immediate consideration, submit your resume via the 'Apply Now' link below and feel free to send a video cover letter. Alternatively for more information, contact Natasha Trpeski on 0477 778 574.