Rural Affinity Insurance Agency Pty Ltd is a specialist agricultural insurance agency providing products to the crop, farm, plantation timber and livestock industries in Australia and New Zealand. To find out more about Rural Affinity, please go to their website www.ruralaffinity.com.au
Established in 2006, Rural Affinity continues to grow and we are now looking to expand our team.
The successful applicant for this role will be required to ‘hit the ground running’, leveraging strong experience in agriculture, knowledge management and risk modelling.
Key tasks and responsibilities for the role:
- Work with the Managing Director to set growth and underwriting strategy and targets in line with trends in the agricultural sector.
- Work with the Managing Director to evaluate natural catastrophe accumulation, ensuring an understanding of catastrophe modelling and interpretation of scenarios in the agricultural sector.
- Provide regular risk assessment reports to assist with quantifying risk exposures and risk accumulations in the agricultural sector.
- Monitor progress toward strategy and targets, providing recommendations for remedial actions where needed.
- Maintain knowledge of agricultural market modelling and risk assessments to assist the underwriting team with Standards of Underwriting, Underwriting Guidelines and Rules and Principles to facilitate contract certainty.
- Work with the underwriting team to ensure consistent messaging and strategy.
- Identify emerging issues and business opportunities and work with the senior management team to resolve or pursue same.
- Significant contribution to reporting and analysis.
- Participation in broader research and development projects and key project initiatives.
- Tertiary agricultural qualifications in fields such as Agricultural Economics, Resources Economics or Agricultural Science.
- Experience in knowledge management in agribusiness (minimum 3 years).
- A deep understanding of the day to day operation of farming enterprise is essential.
- Direct experience in the agricultural sector (other than agricultural insurance) will be viewed favourably.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent level of English language both verbal and written.
- Proficient computer knowledge (Word & Excel).
- Strong leadership and relationship development skills.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and autonomously.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Positive, solutions focused attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to professional development.
Please forward your application or enquiries to email@example.com