- Manage a reduced end to end portfolio of mental health claims
- Determine liability on complex claims
- Advise and assist the claims teams with mental health claims
- Build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
- Keep up to date with regulatory legislation, processes and compliance
- Get involved in project work, collaborating with internal stakeholders
As a well established national brand who self-insure against workplace injuries, you can expect;
Stability: If you're coming from the forever changing environment of a scheme agent, you can expect complete stability in Self Insurance. They are not bound by the same obligations that are applicable in a scheme agent. Additionally, as they're a larger organisation, you can expect complete job security and ongoing career opportunities.
Support/Professional Development: You would be working very closely with the Liability Manager who is an industry expert with 20 years of experience. The organisation values professional development and they will set you up for long term success with ongoing internal opportunities, depending on what your career vision is. You will also get exposure to end to end, holistic case management, as well as several state legislations. You will also have scope to get involved in projects and really take ownership of your work. If you're not already a Mental Health Specialist, this is an opportunity for you to be a Subject Matter Expert!
Work/Life Balance: Caseloads do not fluctuate! You can expect to manage a consistently reduced portfolio. They also promote flexibility and allow for flexible work arrangements.
Culture: They're an organisation with a welcoming family-like feel that promote togetherness and a collaborative work environment. The manager is super experienced, fair and very approachable. They also have one of the best staff retention rates in the industry!
Extras: Free on-site parking or right beside public transport depending on your preference. Receive a discount card for a household brand.
- Solid Workers Compensation claims experience, either in Self insurance or in a scheme agent.
- Solid experience managing psychological injury claims & making liability decisions
- Tertiary qualified in a mental health discipline e.g. Psychologists, Rehabilitation Counsellors, etc. highly desirable but not essential
- CASE MANAGERS/SENIOR CASE MANAGERS READY FOR THAT NEXT STEP INTO A SPECIALIST ROLE WILL BE CONSIDERED
Click the 'APPLY NOW' button. If you have any specific questions about the role, or want a confidential chat, please contact Natasha Trpeski on 0477 778 574.