Our client have a fantastic market reputation and continue to change the landscape by introducing new products, thereby creating the need for a like-minded team player to join them in challenging the status-quo.
- Action underwriting referrals within the service standards (including those outside of auto rated terms) within a timely manner
- Operate within the bounds of the underwriting authority granted and recommend action if referral is required
- Achieve planned underwriting results for new and existing business and identify underwriting requirements to meet business needs
- Communicate professionally and develop relationships with broker partners
- Review renewal exceptions, ensuring risks meet underwriting appetite and pricing methodology
- Liaise with other departments of the business to ensure implementation of agreed strategies, updates & processes.
- Maintain an awareness of general and facultative reinsurance arrangements and their applicability to potential risks
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in an underwriting role within an SME environment
- Ability to think laterally and find solutions to complex underwriting problems
- Compelling risk appetite and in-depth knowledge of the major risks within the property and liability markets
- Excellent judgement/decision making skills, adapting to a regularly changing environment